For over 20 years BioCote has been proven to deliver 99.99% protection against harmful bacteria, mould and viruses. This trusted and established worldwide technology is integrated into manufactured Gainsborough power baths and transfer seats – a pioneering first in specialist bathing for advanced infection control.
The benefits of BioCote include:
- Reduces the risk of cross infection and increases peace of mind
- Enhances bather and carer well-being and safety
- 24/7 protection for the lifetime of the bath –not a coating, integrated during manufacture
- Protects against Influenza H1N1, E.coli, Salmonella and antibiotic resistant CRO, CRE, VRE and MRSA
- Supports stain and odour prevention
- Increases bath durability
- Zero maintenance disinfection system
- Avoid expensive cleaning fluids
BioCote protects against CROs (Carbapenem Resistant Organisms)
CRO is an umbrella term for organisms or bacteria that have developed resistance to an antibiotic called Carbapenem. The bacteria CRE or Carbapenem Resistant Enterobacteriaceae is one of this group and BioCote has been proven to be effective against this particular bacteria under test conditions.
Based on our knowledge and test data this means that BioCote is effective against all forms of CRO.
BioCote protected bathing: the science behind a proven technology
What is a ‘microbe’?
A ‘microbe’ is a microscopic living organism or microorganism. Microbes are very diverse including bacteria and mould.
What is ‘anti-microbial’?
‘Antimicrobial’ describes something that can resist the growth of microbes including bacteria and mould.
Harmful effects of microbes
- Bather Infection
- Cross Contamination
- Carer Illness
- Odours & Stains
Independently tested and approved by BioCote
BioCote protected products are subjected to regular quality control testing. Only products that demonstrate superior antimicrobial performance carry the BioCote brand.
Fast and effective, forever
BioCote starts to work immediately when in contact with microbes. Within less than 2 hours 99.99% of MRSA and E.coli bacteria is eliminated.